Grant Writer Responsibilities:
The Grant Writer is a part time position that reports directly to the Executive Director. The Grant Writer will be responsible for identifying and researching potential grant opportunities, as well as writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a grantor database.
The Grant Writer duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Work with the Executive Director to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required
- Develops and maintains a proposal calendar,
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Helps lead development of an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Knowledge of Greater Austin area foundations and corporations
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Grant Writer will work 20-25 hours per week Monday through Friday; possible work from home arrangement.
The Grant Writer is an hourly position. We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About E4 Youth
E4 Youth uses the arts, sciences, and technology to help youth find and pursue pathways to successful careers in the creative economy through hands-on-training, active mentorship, and exposure to real world opportunities. E4 Youth currently serves 100 high school age youth at six local high schools in Austin and through its Creative Leadership Academy, it provides professional level training and employment opportunities for dozens of college age youth of color as well as curriculum and professional development for educators that serve youth of color of all ages.