Basics & Viewing Images
- Open an image, multiple images, close files
– Command-o to open or click file/open/double click
- Undo something you’ve done
-Command-z or edit/step backward
- View workspace panels
-On the right hand side and the tools are on the left.
click and drag to pull something out.
- Using the tools panel
- Zooming & Hand tools
– Spacebar hand/ Zoom
- Marquee tools
– Creating shapes on your pictures.
- Lasso tool
-Free form shapes on your images.
- Quick selection
-Pick one object that you want to have.
- Magic Wand tool
– to pick any color that you want to focus on.
- Inverting selections
-selecting everything but one
- Refining selections
-selecting something and making it clea
- Using Quick Mask mode
- Creating a new layer
- Changing the layer visibility
-click on the eye to be able to see it or take it away.
- Deleting the layer
-click on the layer and press the trash.
- Changing the opacity of a layer
-click the bar to change the opacity
- Duplicating a background
Enhancing and Retouching Photos
- Cropping a photo
-Click the crop sign on the tool var and drag the mouse down to select the area you want to crop
- Straightening an image with the Ruler tool
– click on the eye dropper and select the ruler tool and drag it across.
Using the Smart Sharpen filter
- Adjusting saturation
-click essentials and hen the saturation. makes the colors pop out.
- Adjusting brightness and contrast
-making the colors pop out except theres a diffrent button
- Using neutral density gradient
- Using the Dodge & Burn tools
- Removing red eye
-click the eye and drag a box over the eye to remove
- Spot Healing Brush tool & Healing Brush Tool
-click the spot perfection icon, click an area similar/opyion and put it on the one you want to fix