Laws and Ethics Study Guide Questions
11-14-12 Laws and Ethics Study Guide Questions:
1. Things to know for the test:
2. What is the difference between breaking photojournalist ethics and breaking the law?
3. What are some of the scenarios we discussed?
4. What are the four things a photojournalists can be sued for?
5. What is libel?
6. What can you do to make sure you are not sued for libel?
7. What is the best defense against libel?
8. What is invasion of privacy?
9. When does a private citizen lose the right to privacy?
10. What is obscenity?
11. What is the LAPS test?
12. What is copyright?
13. What should you do to avoid being sued for copyright infringement?
14. As a media representative, in which of these cases can you legally shoot a newsworthy event on private property?
15. If someone threatens to sue your paper for libel for a picture that damaged their reputation, what could you do to avoid it?
16. If you wanted to pursue photojournalism in college, which school should you attend?
17. Standards that professional photojournalists strive to follow are called…
18. If you take pictures of someone in their home with a hidden camera, you can be sued for:
19. If you use a telephoto lens and photograph students drinking beer in their backyard, you could be sued for: