The Volunteer Coordinator position directs and manages the relationship between college mentors leading after school enrichment clubs, Austin-area teachers and professional that serve as volunteers. Their primary role is to coordinate classroom visits from guest speakers and off campus tours of local businesses. They also track college mentor and student attendance as well as assist with administrative tasks.
Part-time (4hrs – 8hrs/wk)
- Graduate student in Social Work, Public Administration, Marketing/Advertising, Communications, Business Administration or any other related fields. Undergraduate student may be considered if profile is competitive.
- Significant experience working with spreadsheets and Google Drive.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with people from all walks of life.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Relevant experience in social media/email marketing will be an added bonus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Highly adaptive, excellent communication skills and positive attitude.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- This is a non-paid internship position from September 2016 – May 2017.
- Earn access to SXSW 2017 with 72+ hours of service.
- Expected commitment of 4-8 hours a week.