E4 Youth is now accepting applications for its Board of Directors. Please review the job description thoroughly and then click the APPLY NOW link below to apply. If you have questions, please visit our Contact Page and send us a message.
E4 Youth uses the arts, sciences, and technology to help youth find and pursue pathways to successful careers in the creative economy through hands-on-training, active mentorship, and exposure to real world opportunities.
The Board will support the work of E4 YOUTH and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by E4 YOUTH’s chief executive officer (EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR), the Board-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR as s/he develops and implements E4 YOUTH’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by E4 YOUTH for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving E4 YOUTH’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- Assisting the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing E4 YOUTH to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring E4 YOUTH’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities E4 YOUTH serve
E4 YOUTH Board Members will consider E4 YOUTH a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that E4 YOUTH can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, E4 YOUTH expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity. Board members are expected to get or give contributions to E4 YOUTH totaling at least $5,000 annually. Board members should maintain an active membership status during their term.
E4 YOUTH’s Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about E4 YOUTH’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of E4 YOUTH’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of E4 YOUTH’s beneficiaries
- Service on E4 YOUTH’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.