We’re Hiring A Development Director
Please, help us get the word out about this new opportunity.
JOB TITLE: Development Director
E4 Youth is a 501(c)(3) NonProfit Organization based in Austin TX whose mission is to Engage, Empower, Educate and Employ the young talent of color an equitable future demands by ensuring that they are Seen, Heard and HIRED. Over the past 15 years, E4 Youth has distinguished itself as an innovative leader in youth workforce development helping thousands of youth build quality digital portfolios, participate in job shadowing, apprenticeship, and internship opportunities as they move on to high-growth careers at top creative and technology companies across the U.S.
The Development Director, in collaboration with E4 Youth Staff and Board, is responsible for all of E4 Youth’s fundraising activities and manages relationships with the organization’s financial partners. Their duties include seeking out opportunities for financial support through grants and sponsorships, planning fundraising events, cultivating new, current and former partners to encourage ongoing contributions and engagement. Other key duties include marketing, networking and community outreach. The Development Director collaborates with Staff and Board of Directors in setting and executing the vision for the E4 Development Process. The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the organization including using income and expense cycles to guide fundraising campaign decisions.
- Seeks, applies for and manages grant funding.
- Actively pursues and manages corporate and individual leads.
- Identifies and strengthens relationships with community stakeholders.
- Fosters strong donor and sponsor stewardship.
- Leads design and implementation of marketing programs and special events to maximize prospect/donor engagement.
- Co-coordinates media events; speaks on behalf of organization with media outlets as needed.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for funding, donations and fundraising event inquiries.
- Supports the development of annual organizational budget along with Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Board of Directors.
- Maintains and develops donor database.
- Creates and distributes donor acknowledgements.
- Implements annual appeals to individual donors in order to meet budgeted goals.
- Attends and networks at selected community and leadership events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 3+ years of development and managerial experience.
- Demonstrated experience with and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, to analyze and solve complex problems, and to exercise sound judgment.
- A desire to continually learn and develop professionally while exhibiting respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking.
- Creativity and a strong sense of integrity are important.
- The ability to create and implement systems and processes.
- Strong team player.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, Excel and Kindful and Salesforce. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[APPLICANT’S FULL NAME] Development Director Position.” Any attached files should have the applicant’s full name in the file name.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000 per year based on experience
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Hybrid (Remote 70%, In person 30%) in Austin, TX